September 8, 2014

Almost Peruvian…..lomos saltados

While we were in Peru, we found a dish that we both really enjoyed called Lomos Saltados. We have been missing Peru lately, so I thought I would make my own version of this meal for dinner tonight.


Peruvian's typically have white rice. I substituted with wild rice.

This was the prettiest onion I had ever seen. It was perfect.

All the veggies cut.

Veggies on top of the steak in my stone crock to cook.

Almost Lomos Saltados

1-2 pounds beef sirloin tip roast
1 red onion, cut into 1" wedges
2 peppers, cut into strips (red & yellow; to be authentic use Peruvian aji amarillo)
3-4 garlic cloves, diced
8 small red potatoes, quartered (Peruvian recipes call for thick french fries instead)
3 large tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and quartered (I admit I omitted these tonight.)
2 Tablespoons white vinegar
1 dash soy sauce
sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
cumin to taste

I put all this in my Pampered Chef deep covered stone baker and cooked for 40 minutes in the microwave. Check around 30 minutes depending on the thickness of your meat. (Mine was 2 inches thick, so the cooking took a little longer.)

Traditionally, Peruvian meals are served with white rice. We prefer the long grain, wild rice, so that is what I prepared. I must admit, it tasted amazing, and my hubby was glad to have a meal with steak.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...