During Peru there were two little boys that I connected with in two different villages. Even though I just spent a day with each of them, I miss my time with them. It is a little hard to know I probably won't ever see them again, because even if we return, we probably will not return to their villages (the local missionaries do the follow-up with each village). So I share my love of these little boys with you….
 |
| Junior |
In the first village, I had noticed a mother sneak up the side of the hill that was covered in brush to watch as the children played Peruvian dodge ball. She had an infant baby with her, and her son, who looked to be four years old. I noticed her son couldn't walk right and he couldn't talk either. He watched the other children play, and sometimes came to the top of the hill to crawl around before his mother would call him back. As I watched, I felt a tug in my heart to go talk with the Mother. I introduced myself the best I could with the little Quechua I knew. She told me her son's name was Junior (pronounced "hoo-nee-or"). I felt a connection already as that is the nickname I call my brother. I motioned to Junior's mother to see if I could hold him, and she had such a surprised look on her face that someone would actually want to hold her son. She nodded "yes" and I picked up little Junior. It broke my heart that because a little boy was handicapped, his mother would be surprised someone would notice him, let alone want to hold him. We are so blessed here in America, in more ways that we ever know.
 |
| Holding my little man. |
 |
| Junior and his mother. |
My second little boy was in village three, and I had the opportunity to hold him after he had fallen asleep in his big brother's arms during our children's program. He gladly let me hold him so he could color. I had time to sit with this sweet little boy and his sister later while other children were playing ball. She called him Hermano, "brother". He was such a sweet little guy. And I loved his sister too.
 |
| Holding my little guy from village three. |
 |
He's awake. His sister is helping him look at the camera.
Typical older sister. Haha. |
 |
| Aren't they just beautiful children? |
 |
| She took such good care of him. |
 |
| Sitting with his sis. |
So if you get the opportunity to hold a child, don't let it pass, for there are children all over the world who would dearly love to be held.
No comments:
Post a Comment