June 4, 2013

new work

Summer time is upon us and at our house that means work is in full gear. And one thing I greatly admire about my husband is that he is an incredibly hard worker. He really embodies that verse in Colossians where it says to work at whatever you do with all your heart - like you are working for the Lord, not for men....it is the Lord you are serving. Sometimes I take for granted that he is a hard worker, and the Lord shows me again how rare a trait it is, and encourages me to appreciate what a great husband I have. (He really is pretty awesome).

His latest adventure is in asbestos abatement. (He saw a market for this line of work with the current green movement, but we still have our other two businesses keeping us busy as well.)  He and nephew Blake started an abatement-demolition company last year and they are now in full swing. They suit up and remove asbestos from buildings and homes, then many of the buildings get demolished, which they also do. This line of work doesn't really allow for the family to help, but the kids do get to ride along for site inspections and errands. I also get to rummage for vintage or antique items - and architectural salvage items. Very fun!


All the gray siding is asbestos. Blake on right suited up.

After asbestos removed.

And it's gone! There was less than a foot between buildings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...