 |
| I am strong! |
I am doing this special post on a young lady named Sierra. My family was first introduced to her through our neice, Kaitlyn, who is her friend and fellow student at Newton High School. This past year Sierra was diagnosed with cancer, and has undergone a series of chemotherapy treatments. She is 16 years old! Sierra is only a freshman and has such a positive outlook on life. She has been living in Columbus many weeks of the year away from her friends and family as she is under observation and cannot be around sickness.
 |
| Philippians 4:13 |
Today, I am asking for specific prayer for Sierra as she is having surgery to scrape her lungs. She will be in an induced coma for three days and will have air forced through a tube so her lungs will continue to receive the required air necessary. This is an important part of her cancer treatment, and she needs all the prayers possible.
Sierra's family is also in need of your prayers, as they are hurting for their daughter and sister. I have seen firsthand how a community can rally around a family and be a source of encouragement, support, and love. Sierra's hometown of Pleasant Hill has allowed signs to be posted to remind community member to pray for Sierra. The highschool hosted a benefit for Sierra to raise money for her family. Many other local events have helped raise awareness of Sierra's need.
 |
| Elauna (center) with cousin Kaitlyn at Sierra's benefit |
If you are on Facebook you can follow her progress at Team Sierra and find more ways to be involved. For those not on Facebook, you can reply to this post at anytime and I will keep you informed. I thank you, so very much, for your prayers.
 |
| The girls from Newton. Sierra in the front. |
Photos copyright Studio Nine Photography.
No comments:
Post a Comment