February 7, 2013

ladders from heaven

My children have been afflicted with a virus for the past week and a half. It started with Elauna, then Frederick, and finally Claire. The virus causes high fevers, makes the kids very tired (where they sleep several hours a day), and very thirsty but with no appetite. Claire peaked at 104.6 degrees with her fever, so we were taking this serious. We have been doing a lot of praying and staying home.  We don't take children around others if they have a fever within the past 24 hours....I hate to share sickness. After that long at home we are really ready to leave the house and see people again.

When I was younger, my mom would show us the rays from the sun and call them "ladders from heaven."  It always is a source of joy to see them, especially on days where they are so beautiful coming from the sky, shining through the clouds down to the ground. We would say someone was praying or their prayers were being answered, and especially liked the days they were at our house.

This morning, the sun was shining through our window as I sat playing with the children. I was trying to FaceTime my brother when I noticed it shining on our faces. It reminded me of how the Lord had answered my prayers this week to heal my children. They all three are feeling much better, back to their active, talkative selves. I wanted to catch the moment and remember to be grateful for the goodness of the Lord.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...