Here is another project I did for our conference room. I found an old cow skull in my woods a few years ago while I was walking. I thought it was a rather strange find at the time, but I really liked it and saved it for a future project. The skull has been sitting in my hubby's shop so it was nice and dry now, and the loose parts fell off easily. (I did find it in the trash once....guess Jeremy didn't see the potential). Oh well. He did paint it white for me the same time he was painting another one of my projects. He really is a dear, helping me with all these. :-)
 |
| After the white paint job |
After is was painted white, I added some "bling" with turquoise colored shells pieces and some rhinestones. I used Gorilla super glue to attach them to the skull. I definitely suggest using the Gorilla super glue over regular super glue because your fingers won't glue together and the glue comes off your hands much quicker. (Mom, that tip is for you). It took about an hour to glue these pieces individually, and I probably should have had more ventilation because the smell was getting to me by the end of the project.
When I do the post of the entire room I will show this piece again when I have it mounted. I thought the colors gave it a nice Southwest feel, with some cowgirl charm added.
No comments:
Post a Comment