December 13, 2012

for the kitchen help

My children love to help me in the kitchen while I am working. They like to help with the dishes, mostly because they can play in the bubbles....and they like to sample whatever I am making at the time too. Frederick and Elauna spend hours playing pretend cooking and I thought this year for Christmas I would make them all something they can use when they are playing and when they are helping me.

I made each of my kids child-sized aprons, oven mitts, and pot holders. They are coordinating colors, but I definitely wanted Frederick's to look like a boy, not flowery like the girls. I made my own pattern for each then sewed them up.


Elauna's


 Frederick's



 Claire's


2 comments:

  1. adorable! morgan and I have little aprons from when we were tiny. they have our hand prints on them and say something like, "mom's helping hands."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So fun. The idea of the handprint is so neat, and it personalizes it in a special way.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...