August 17, 2012

update to an old classic

I like to look for old patterns when I am antiquing or garage-saling. Sometimes I actually find patterns that have never been used, in my size, and a cute style.....so when I find them I get excited. This particular pattern I found last year: it is a vintage Simplicity pattern 4209. The fabric I used came from Jeremy's family; it actually is suiting material with light brown stripes. I contrasted with a silky tan fabric for the sash and bow. The wide sash was my addition as well. The pattern did not exactly match the picture on the front, and you would need to have a size 12 waist for it to pouf the way it shows in the picture. The way the dress turned out is actually more practical for me. The dress is tea length with a zipper closure on the back.

Side view
Back view with zipper and sash

Draped neck and rosette pin

Simplicity pattern 4209

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...