August 3, 2012

food for the soul

In the quiet of the morning, I was spending a little time to myself but knew that Frederick and Claire were both awake. I could hear Frederick trying to get his toy cars off the bed where he had been playing with them, saying, "Stuck, car is stuck." So I just reasoned that the other noise I heard was due to him finding creative ways of getting his cars. I listened. It sounded like wadded paper. That didn't make sense so I dismissed the idea. Again, like fine paper, tearing. That really didn't make sense. What was he doing? My ears hardly ever are wrong. Frederick was still talking about his cars, and this tearing sound was so delicate. I was thinking, "That really sounds like very fine paper being torn."

Then my heart about stopped. MY BIBLE!! I ran to the bed and sure enough, there was sweet little Claire ripping a page out of my Bible, then putting it in her mouth. She was so happy. She even looked up at me with those big, innocent eyes. I was mortified. I had left my Bible open to the passage in Timothy I had been reading last night before bed. I guess there is more reason than one reason to hide God's Word in your heart. 

still chewing on something

so sweet is little Claire

the offended page, no Scripture damaged

I have hidden your word in my heart, that I might not sin against you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...