August 17, 2012

upcycled feed sack

I have collected old feed sacks for awhile now and am looking for creative ways to "upcycle" them into things that are beautiful and useful. For this BEMIS A Extra Heavy SEAMLESS, I decided to make a weekender bag that can hold a lot of clothes and still keep the art of the sack. I used canvas material to compliment the feed sack material on the exterior. For the inside, I used the canvas on the top edge, then finished with blue jean material. I made a row of pockets along one side, and a hidden pocket on the other (with a bright pink zipper). Also inside is a clasp on a fob to hold keys. For the strap I used an old belt - it had a neat look to it and is adjustable. For the top closure I made a small strap with a d-ring to loop the strap through.


BEMIS A EXTRA HEAVY SEAMLESS weekender bag

in color

top closure

roomy inside, key holder, and side pockets

hidden pocket with bright pink zipper (I unzipped it a little)

the belt used as the strap

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...