As I am eagerly anticipating the return of warm weather and sunshine, I was reminded of a warm day at the start of last summer. My hubby was working hard and I was home with our little ones, my daughter then 2 and my son, 6 months. We were sitting under our cedar tree, laying on the quilt and enjoying the breeze. Frederick couldn't crawl yet, so he just sat there smiling, his little bucket hat shading his eyes. Elauna had seen me watering flowers earlier in the morning, so she started playing with the hose and figured out how to operate the nozzle. She giggled each time she sprayed and then she decided to water everything....the grass, the sidewalk, and occasionally the flowers.
I pulled her toddler pool outside and showed her that if she sprayed in one spot, it would start to fill the pool. She wanted to go swimming. Though the water in the hose was cold by now, I thought it would warm up from the sun and she could wade later. I asked Elauna if she wanted me to get her swimsuit....of course! I ran inside and grabbed her suit and swim diaper and headed back to the door. In the short time, very short time, I was inside, she had taken off her clothes and was sitting in her little pool stark naked in only two inches of water.
Oh Laura, that sounds so fun. Hurry summer! Like your fresh new look! :)
ReplyDelete~Jennie