March 5, 2011

easter dress

All this rainy weather has me thinking of spring, lovely flowers, and Easter. I remember every year as a little girl looking forward to Easter as I would be able to put on my best dress for Sunday, and what fun it was to look extra special. My little doll and I went to the sweetest tea party today and it was so cute to see all the little girls dressed up like princesses, eating dainty hors d'oeuvres and sipping their raspberry tea. (Kudos to the ladies who made it so special for the birthday girl....you did a lovely job!)

My friend Jill inspired me today. As we were discussing sewing and patterns, it occurred to me that I might make my daughter's dress for Easter. Jill said she makes her things without patterns, and just makes it to her liking. Brilliant! I keep thinking I need to start with a pattern and make a variation, but I have a little model right in front of me I can simply fit everything to her size. So I begin today.

The dress is sketched and I have my material (from some in my to-use-someday-pile ... because it is so cute). Yea...nothing to buy!!! White crinkle material with brown polka dots. I am thinking a small waist with capped sleeves and fluffy layers for the skirt. Possibly some small flowers of the same material.

And if I'm very industrious, I'll make a matching one for Dollie.


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...