May 22, 2014

when it rains it pours

In the event you were not in Miami County recently, the rain yesterday was pretty crazy. The rain was so hard for so long it caused flash flooding, shutting down two interstates with several feet of water. Those of us living in farm country now have lakefront properties. (We're taking reservations if you want to build a condo). Fully stocked- with corn. Haha.

Black skies around 4:30pm.

Jeremy had to remove his shoes just to get to the car.
This side of the parking lot was shallow compared to the other.

Experiment Farm

I-75 Southbound. Boats already out.

Bank barn half under water.

I-75 Northbound. The water was moving incredibly fast.

Rushing water under the road between two farms.
The fields looked red; so strange.

Our drive home was very interesting.

Our fields: Lake Burns.

I've always loved willows beside a lake.

1 comment:

  1. that's crazy looking! we didn't get near as much as what miami county did!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...