Jeremy and I are really excited about the opportunity we have to go to Peru this July. We are going with a group from church and will be heading to the Andes Mountains where we will be hiking at 13,000 feet and camping during the nights. The Bible has recently been translated into the Quechuan language and we will get to take these Bibles to remote villages where they get to read God's Word for the very first time in their own language. That really really excites me!!! The children will get children's Bibles too, with pictures and we will teach in the schools and villages as well.
Eighty degree days, twenty degree nights, hiking 6 to 8 miles a day, sleeping in tents, buckets baths, rice and veggies for dinner…..it really sounds perfect. And I've had to amp up my workouts and healthy eating. The kids are pretty excited for us to leave too, because they get to go to the zoo…and other fun things Mimi has planned. I know I will miss them terribly though!
We would really appreciate prayers in the following areas:
- Preparation to be apart from our family; that our hearts will be strong.
- Physical strength for the journey, safety, and closeness for our team.
- Preparation of the hearts of the people to whom we will share the Gospel.
![]() |
| Hiking to the mountains. |
![]() |
| Setting up camp. |
![]() |
| The beautiful colors of the local people. |




No comments:
Post a Comment