April 9, 2013

for my handsome hubby...

Jeremy and I were in Cincinnati for a homeschool convention this past weekend, and it happened to fall over his birthday. He is so good about making time to go to this event even though sitting through talks/lectures is not his highlight.....though talking with Todd Wilson always brings smiles. He was a good sport about everything and very supportive. He treated me to dinner at my favorite restaurant downtown: Rockbottom Brewery. We stayed downtown near the convention center at the Hyatt, and walked everywhere all weekend. I love visiting the city, but my heart is definitely a country girl.

What to get a guy for his birthday? On the opening week of his favorite baseball team? Whose stadium is a couple blocks from the hotel? Hmmm??? Tough one! :-) You guessed it: I bought him tickets to the Reds game, 3rd row from the field next to the Reds dugout. He was stoked! He looked like a little kid who got locked in a candy store overnight. The game was amazing with 8 home runs, two of which were back-to-back pitches, and the Reds won 15-0. Jeremy lost his voice from cheering so much. I don't think I will ever see a game quite like that one again. It just never was boring. I was able to get some really neat pictures of the team because we were so close. These are just a few:

birthday boy

great american ball park

Joey Votto (19) and Jay Bruce (32)

Chris Heisey (28) and Zack Cozart (2)

Todd Frazier (21)

Brandon Phillips (4)

game summary: we whooped 'em!

Votto and Bruce

Reds dugout
first base coach Billy Hatcher (22) with Phillips

some good pitching

Votto at work

Hatcher with pitcher Manny Parra on first

Shin-Soo Choo (17) with young fans

yes we did!


1 comment:

  1. What a nice weekend! I bet your hubby was so thrilled to sit that close to a game, what a blessing for both of you.
    ****Jeremy, home school conventions aren't that bad, are they?*** :)
    Blessings,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...