March 22, 2013

save the pumps

I have these peep-toe black pumps that my sister gave to me a few years ago. I love them, and wear them with everything....dresses and blue jeans....the problem is the insides are falling apart. I'm too frugal to give up shoes just because the part no one sees is no longer presentable. I had worn them so many times that the fabric had come out, and I was now on the secondary layer. What to do?


I decided I would give them a facelift. I tore the insides out and used them as a template to cut out fabric. I ironed the edges in a quarter inch and sprayed the backside with adhesive. I pressed the new inserts into my shoes. A simple and cheap way to keep shoes looking fresh. So happy with the results.

before: pretty ratty looking

after: with a new life


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...