March 15, 2013
capiz ring
At our local co-op, I get the opportunity to teach a class my daughter is in. Our topic this week was oceans, and I couldn't pass on a chance to share my shells I had collected at the beach this past summer. When at the beach, I love walking along the shore and picking up all types of shells, some whole, some pieces, but all with a bit of lovely to them. I took many types of shells with me and let the children play with them, talk about them, and pick their favorites. The boys strung shells on jute to make necklaces and the girls made rings. I made my ring out of capiz shells.
Here are the rings for the girls. Each was able to pick her own shells and I hot-glued them onto the ring blank.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment