October 6, 2012

weekend project: songbook wreath

songbook wreath

This is a super easy project to make for those who like wreaths. I personally like natural or neutral wreaths that don't attract too much attention, yet add a little something to the decor.  For this project you will need four things:
  1. a foam wreath (I purchased mine from JoAnn's)
  2. an old songbook (I typically don't tear up books, but this one was falling apart)
  3. white muslin (scrap material works just as well)
  4. push pins
Take the muslin and cut into 3-inch strips. Wrap the strips around the wreath to cover the foam. Next take the pages from the songbook and neatly wad into rosettes. Take the pushpin and push rosette into topside of the wreath. I put the first rosette in, then did the next one 90-degrees around and so on, and then filled in evenly. You can dress it up with ribbon to suit your color scheme, or a flower too. 

foam wreath
muslin, songbook, and push pins

the rosettes pinned on the wreath

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...