July 23, 2012

Knee High... and a miracle

Each year I take a photo of my children in front of the field. This year I took the picture on the 4th, because corn is to be "knee high by the 4th of July."


Jeremy took a risk this year and planted early and was able to get his crop started when there was still good weather. We had a neat story that happened last week. It had been very dry here in Ohio for awhile and Jeremy was home working on his semi. I walked out to see him and asked him what he was doing - he said he was praying for rain. I went back in the house and had my two oldest children gather with me to pray for rain. I prayed for a drenching rain, and the kids prayed for thunder too. :-) By the time we were done praying, dark clouds were over our house and it started to rain. There had been a zero percent chance of rain that day. The rain drenched the ground! People 5 miles away did not get a drop. It truly was a miracle!!! I was glad Jeremy led us to pray, that my children could see the hand of God on our family, and that he chose to bless us that day. 

1 comment:

  1. That is so neat that you were able to show your children the power of prayer! Love it! God is good, all the time...

    -Bridget

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...