I was reminded today of the passage in Matthew 9:37 where Jesus was talking with his disciples and he said
“The harvest is plentiful but the workers are
few. Ask the Lord of the
harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field.” The interesting thing about harvest is that it doesn't wait for when it best suits us to work. When the harvest is ready, we need to stop whatever else we are doing and gather the harvest. The same is true of the Lord's call on our lives. He is calling, and we need to act with obedience and promptness, because his call is an indication that his harvest is ready and he needs us to work.
My harvest today was tomatoes, and it was time to make pasta sauce. I wash them and remove the stems, then boil them in water for a few minutes. Next, I run them through my KitchenAid sieve, which removes the peel and seeds, and purees the rest. Then I add my spices to the tomatoes and cook again. Pour into the pint jars and process for 40 minutes. Pretty easy!
.JPG) |
| some of my tomatoes (small size this year) |
.JPG) |
| my KitchenAid attachment |
 |
| my pasta sauce |
.JPG) |
my kitchen help: Frederick and Elauna
note: one needed an apron :-) |
I LOVE your new look! Now I know where you were today! :)
ReplyDeleteDid you get that apron at anthropology? I fell in love when I saw it there!
ReplyDelete-bridget
Yes, Elauna is wearing an anthropology apron. It was a gift from her sweet Aunt Lora. :-)
ReplyDelete