On Tuesday this week I had ordered 4 of a product online
that I had created for Christmas presents. The item (YES, I am being cryptic
because intended recipients read this blog) arrived Friday. I was impressed
with the quality of the workmanship, and how quickly it had arrived. When I had
ordered said item, I was able to use a coupon for 50% off the total order. Can
you tell it sounds like the perfect transaction?
Today, in my email, I had a coupon for buy 1 get 2
FREE. This sounded even better, so I thought I would chat with customer service
to see if they would refund my account because it was within the same week.
(Some stores will do that). While I am online with customer service, I decide
to run the numbers from my purchase earlier in the week. I had actually saved
MORE than what this new, incredible deal would save me. Oops, didn’t I feel
like a heel! Then it gets better…..the customer service rep offered me a $25
refund on my credit card.
This is that
moment of conscience. And you learn a lot about yourself in that
half-second.
I felt horrible I had wasted her time. I declined the offer stating that I was very
pleased with my order this week and how well it had turned out. I could have
had $25 free that I didn’t deserve, but the bitterness of undeserved gain is
not worth it.
No comments:
Post a Comment