April 17, 2012

nature walk 2

I grew up going on nature walks all the time with my mom, so part of me feels like it isn't really spring unless we are watching the changes in nature closely. I once even considered becoming a park ranger because I loved it so much (that was when I wanted to be a recluse and live in the Smoky Mountains too.) Now I get to be the guide for my kids. We were at my parents today and went on a walk. They have the same wildflowers I posted before, so I won't duplicate, but they had some not found at my place. It was a beautiful sunny spring day, a little cool, and the kids did good job of being quiet so as not to scare the wildlife.

Canada Violet
Mustard


Blue Phlox
The Spring 

The Trail
Mossy roots 
Carpet Bugleweed "Ajuga"
Large White Trillium

Wild Geranium
Virginia Creeper

Rattlesnake Fern


Elauna and Frederick

2 comments:

  1. Your little sweethearts are so cute!!! They will be blessed by having a momma who shares so much nature study with them. :o) It was very good to meet you in Cincinnati!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...